What is Amazon Connect:
Amazon Connect is a cloud-based service made to simplify your contact center needs. With Amazon Connect, companies can improve their customer service experience at a lower cost while being able to scale with business needs. The Amazon Connect CTI connector brings the power of Amazon Connect to Salesforce Service Cloud.
Sign Up for an AWS Account
- Visit https://aws.amazon.com/
- In the upper-right corner, click Create an AWS Account.
- Complete the form and click Continue.
- Select Personal Account and fill in your contact information.
- Click Create Account and Continue.
- Next, enter your payment information. Don’t worry, you use only Free Tier services, so if you follow the project steps, you won’t be billed.
- Click Continue
Complete the Verification Process
- Enter your phone number and the security check characters, then click Call Me Now. The Identity Verification screen displays a PIN.
- When you receive a phone call from AWS, enter the PIN.
- Click Continue to select your Support Plan.
- Leave the default selection and click Continue.
- Wait a couple of minutes for account creation to complete on the back end, and then click Sign in to the Console.
- If prompted, enter your email address and password.
Set Up Your Amazon Connect Instance
- From the AWS Console dashboard, click All services. Under the Customer Engagement category, click Amazon Connect.
Note: Amazon Connect isn’t available in all regions. If you’re not currently in one of the available regions, you’re prompted to select one. Amazon Connect is currently available in Asia Pacific (Sydney), EU (Frankfurt), and US East (N. Virginia).
- Click US East (N. Virginia).
- Click Get started.
- On the Identity management page, make sure Store users within Amazon Connect is selected.
- In the Access URL field, enter a unique value.
Note: This value becomes your instance name. Write this and the resulting access URL down. You need them later in the project.
- Click Next Step
- On the Create an Administrator page, make sure Add a new admin is selected.
- Complete the form to create your admin account. Make note of the admin username and password you choose. Then click Next Step.
- On the Telephony Options page, make sure both boxes are checked, then click Next step.
- On the Data Storage page, click Next Step.
- Review the information on the Review and Create page, then click Create instance.
In a minute or so, you’re able to start using your Amazon Connect instance.
Note: Write down your access URL, since you need it later.
Configure Your Amazon Connect Instance
- Click Get started.
- You’re directed to your access URL. Click Let’s go.
- We need a phone number to make use of Amazon Connect’s features, so you’re presented with a couple of options to select one.
- From the Country dropdown, select United States.
Note: If you select another country, make sure you know your country’s dialling prefix and two-letter code.
- In the Type dropdown, make sure Direct Dial is selected.
- Select a number from the Phone number dropdown.
Note: Write down this phone number. You need it later.
Test Your New Instance
You can now make inbound and outbound calls. If your browser asks to use your computer’s microphone, allow access. You also see the Contact Control Panel, and if all permissions are set, it looks like this.
Now test your calling capabilities.
- Use another phone to call the number you claimed.
- Listen to the options, then press 1 for an agent. Your Contact Control Panel indicates that your call center is receiving an incoming call.
- Click Accept call.
- Click End call. The Contact Control Panel switches to the AfterCallWork mode, which gives the agent time to finish up actionable items.
Let’s try outbound call
a. Click Dial number.
b. Enter a phone number where you receive calls, then click Dial.
c. When your phone rings, answer it. You can hang up your phone or click End call in the Contact Control Panel.
Create an Additional Agent Profile
We have just a few more steps to finish configuring our Amazon Connect instance. We’re going to integrate with Service Cloud, so it can help to create additional agents. These agents can be selected by your user profile in Salesforce.
- In Amazon Connect, click the Users icon in the left navigation, then click User management.
- Click Add new users.
- Make sure Create and set up a new user is selected, then click Next.
- Fill in the new user form. For this agent profile, choose a login name that is different from the username you chose when you set up your admin account. Write down the agent login name and password, as you need that information in the next section.
- For Routing Profile, select Basic Routing Profile.
- For Security Profiles, select Agent.
- For Phone Type, make sure Soft phone is selected.
- Click Save.
- Click Create users.
Amazon Connect CTI Adapter for Salesforce
- In Setup, navigate to the Amazon Connect CTI Adapter listing on the AppExchange.
- Click Get It Now.
- When prompted to log in to Salesforce, Click Install in Production.
- Agree to the terms and conditions, then click Confirm and Install.
- Select Install for All Users, then click Install.
- Click Done
Configuring the Amazon Connect CTI Adapter
- Setup | Call Center | click the name of your new call center | Click Edit
- Under Amazon Connect Information, In the Amazon Connect CCP URL field, replace YOURINSTANCENAME with your Amazon Connect instance name.
- Click Save.
Since you’ll be placing a call, you need to add yourself as a call center user. This gives you the ability to see and use the phone icon and other features.
- Click Manage Call Center Users.
- Click Add More Users.
- Set search criteria to find your own Salesforce user and click Find.
- Select your user, and click Add to Call Center.
Now let’s whitelist your Salesforce Visualforce domain within your Amazon Connect’s Application integration. Find more information about whitelisting on the Amazon Connect Streams documentation.
- In Salesforce Setup, type visual into the Quick Find box, then click Visualforce Pages.
- In the Name column, click the link that ends in “_Lightning” where the Namespace Prefix is amazonconnect.
- Click Preview and copy the URL from the address bar in your browser.
- Navigate to Amazon Connect (under Customer Engagement in All Settings), and click your Instance Alias (not the Access URL).
- On the left-hand pane, click Application integration.
- In the main pane, click Add origin.
- Paste the URL, then remove everything after the https://*******.visual.force.com.
- Click Add
Add Phone Panel to the Service Console Utility Item
- In Salesforce Lightning Setup, enter app manager in the Quick Find box, then click App Manager.
- Next to Service Console, click the down arrow, and click Edit.
- In the Edit App screen, click Utility Bar in the upper navigation bar.
- Next to Utility Bar Items, click Add.
- From the list of components, click Open CTI Softphone.
- Click Save, then click Done.
Open any salesforce account record, enter the phone number, the phone dial widget would appear. Click on that to initiate the call.
Note: It may take up to 30 minutes for the phone dialler to work.
To learn more about Amazon Connect and Salesforce Integration: Click the below link